Sunday, January 22, 2006

kleenex anyone??



Ok...so the reason i havent blogged it up in awhile is because of this raging sinus infection/cold/cough ensamble ive got going on. it seems that my brain likes to work at only 20 minute incriments and i feel like blogging should be a bit below homework. i started feelin this on thursday...730 am...BAD TIME. i still went to my 9 am class but let me tell you...its all alittle fuzzy...the rest of the day is a blur but i know that i slept alot and made/spilt soup everywhere. That is the only bonus of being sick...soup. you dont really think of soup when everything is peachy in your life but as soon as the sniffles come...WHAM the over powering craving for warm socks...over sized blankets and CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP comes and there is nothing else that will help. one of the HUGE reasons i hate being this sick is that there is no help for me till i go to a doctor and get magic pills...untill then sudafed advil and kleenex are my only friends. And to kleenex...i am a firm believer in the kleenex lotion cold care kleenex...now some of you might be wondering if a non kleenex brand works as well.... NOPE NOT EVEN CLOSE DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR MONEY...shell out the extra dollar and get relief for your nose...it will thank you and not run away like on those claymation commercials with the cool british actor voice. i've also hated the fact that i get tired at 8 pm but wake up at 7 am....i NEED a nap at 2 and its totally pointless to read anything because i wont remember it in about 10 minutes...my mind is GONE. ok even now i am forgetting what ive written. I'm off to find more movies that will entertain me while i lay in my bed under 4 layers of blankets and still shiver.
bye
hahaha alright people as i was finding pictures of kleenex for this blog i went to the international website for kleenex...this is an awesome site...it has a link on it for you to figure out if you have a cold!! hahaha thank you kleenex people for diagnosing me. you can also test your Health IQ...i think i know the topic of my next blog....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great kleenex link... I think some nice HOT DOG soup will help you feel better - yes here is the recipe they recommend as a comfort food!!! YUM!?

Good Cheer Hot Dog Soup
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 8-ounce can whole-kernel corn
1 8-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
3 hot dogs, sliced
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender; add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.

Hope you feel better soon!

jenny said...

nicole?! you have new readership! congrats. i hope you feel bettah! I HEART JACK BAUER. i need to blog. i need some therapy via blogging. tesoro this mornin at 10.. PACKED. it was INSANE ... i had to wait in line?! WHAT? allllrightyy. time for ellen. PAYCE.

Anonymous said...

I love the hot dog soup, NOT. How disgusting, I would have to be next to death to even try it. But then we all know how I feel about anything related to hotdogs. I hope you are feeling better, and I like the kleenex site.
M1